We are quick to make resolutions come January 1. Eat better, exercise more, reduce stress – but I like to think that most of us take care of our mind, body and soul each day without conflict.
I’ve decided to spent today reflecting on all that was great about my past year. I’ll start with My Top Ten Moments of 2013:
- City trips to SF and Oakland with special friends
- Relaying For Life with my favorite people on the planet
- Numerous visits and parties with friends and family near and far
- Starting this blog
- Beach house days
- Holding my son’s hand
- Welcoming our beautiful niece Gia AND my dear friend’s baby Naomi
- Spending three days in the Happiest Place On Earth with my Sydney
- Relaxing in Maui with my husband
And the #1 moment of 2013… REMISSION! Kiss my ass, cancer.
The past three years have been ‘Hell In A Handbasket’ (literally gave my bladder and colon to the cause). Yet with every treatment, scan, surgery, poking & prodding, I remind myself that this bullshit is a pothole on my otherwise scenic life. And the potholes make me appreciate the beauty of my road.
I know each day will continue to bring joy and a pothole or two. So I am abundantly grateful to have love in my house; friends and family that mean more to me than they will ever know. May the New Year bring you all that is good and that your challenges keep you grateful and grounded.
I am ready for 2014.